1) File 2017-3596 May 4, a resident of the 400 block of Rosewood Close in Parksville was alerted to a suspicious character rooting through his vehicle in the middle of the night. Nothing was apparently missing from the vehicle as the male (no description) was probably spooked by the complainant.
2) File 2017-3610 May 4, Forestry workers called the Oceanside RCMP to report that there had been equipment damaged and several items stolen from a logging site located off of Alsbrook Road in Parksville. Heavy duty equipment at the site was missing horns, radios, antennas, a VHF radio and a compressor which had been stolen by unknown thieves.
3) File 2017-3656 May 5, A vacation home owner (3000 Block of Horne Lake Caves Road) called to state that he had attended his cabin after being away for some time and found that his shed had been broken into. A Motomaster brand inverter was among the items stolen.
4) File 2017-3681 May 6, 3 large letters were stolen from a sign that was located on a sign from a business located on Industrial Way in Parksville.
5) File 2017-3714 May 7, Several residents in the French Creek area reported that their homes and vehicles had been egged by unknown suspects overnight.
6) File 2017-3748 May 8, While vacationing in our beautiful community at one of the Hotels off Resort Drive Parksville, tourists awoke to a shocking discovery. Both their bikes had been stolen off their car racks and replaced by old junker bikes. The stolen bikes include a men’s black Specialized brand mountain bike and a purple Specialized brand women’s hybrid bike.
7) File 2017-3752 May 8, A resident of the 200 block of McVickers Street in Parksville called to report that over the previous night someone had entered his vehicle and stolen several items. These items included loose change and a brand new 4 ½” Dewalt angle grinder.
8) File 2017-3781 May 9, Canada Post employees called to report that at least 2 mailboxes (Superboxes) had been damaged and entered. It is unknown how much mail was stolen or when the actual crime was committed. The damage / theft occurred in the Horne Lake Road and Spider Lake area.
9) File 2017-3855 May 11, Maintenance staff from a golf course in French Creek called the RCMP to report that there had been a theft from their maintenance yard. It would appear that the suspects cut a hole in the fence to gain access. Once inside the suspect stole Honda GX 200 pressure washer and 2 gas cans.