During this time period the Oceanside RCMP received 277 complaints.
1) File 2021-3488: Food, liquor and propane tanks were reported stolen in a business break-and-enter in the 100 block of Morrison Avenue, Parksville, on April 11th.
2) File 2021-3505: A vacuum hose was reported stolen from a business in the 400 block of Island Highway East, Parksville, on April 12th. RCMP contacted a suspect and the item was returned.
3) File 2021-3506: A business was reported vandalized in the 2500 block of Alberni Highway, Coombs, on April 12th. A suspect was identified by the RCMP from a surveillance video.
4) File 2021-3546: A counterfeit $5 Canadian bill was reported received by a local financial institution in the 800 block of island Highway West, Parksville, on April 13th.
5) File 2021-3551: A home made metal ramp was reported stolen in the 1000 block of Allsbrook Road, Parksville, on April 13th.
6) File 2021-3552: A prowler was reported in the 200 block of McVickers Street, Parksville, on April 13th.
7) File 2021-3583: A delivery package was reported stolen from a doorstep in the 1100 block of Smithers Road, Parksville, on April 14th.
8) File 2021-3593: Five feet of copper wire was reported stolen from the communication tower in the 100 block of Rupert road East, Qualicum Beach, on April 14th.
9) File 2021-3617: An attempted break-and-enter was reported to a water utility facility in the Gainsberg Road and Island Highway West, Bowser, on April 15th. The roadway gate was vandalized and the audible alarm was still sounding when authorities arrived to the facility.
10) File 2021-3624: Postal boxes were reported vandalized in the 400 block of Martindale Road, Parksville, on April 15th. It did not appear that mail was compromised.
11) File 2021-3630: A break-and-enter to a storage container was reported in the 300 block of Crome Point road, Bowser, on April 15th. The container held old research equipment.
12) File 2021-36343: A residential break-and-enter was reported in the 1600 block of Errington Road, Errington, on April 15th. A chainsaw and various items were recorded as missing.
13) File 2021-3636: BC plate JP679J and a battery were reported stolen from a vehicle in the area of Melrose Road and Alberni Highway, Qualicum Beach, on April 15th. There was damage noted to the vehicle hood, door handle and catalytic converter.
14) File 2021-3653: Vandal(s) were reported to have damaged a $17K wash pump in the 800 block of Redman Road, Qualicum Beach, on April 15th.
15) File 2021-3701: A transit bus window was reported broken by a male passenger at the Deep Bay Marina, Bowser, on April 16th.
16) File 2021-3713: Vulgar graffiti was reported painted on baseball dugouts in the area of 700 Jones Street, Qualicum Beach, on April 17th. Town of Qualicum Beach staff were dispatched after-hours to remove.
17) File 2021-3717: Five vehicles at a car dealership were reported to have had their tires slashed in the 300 block of Island Highway East, Parksville, on April 17th.
If you see a crime in progress phone 9-1-1. The Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number is 250-248-6111 during regular office hours 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM weekdays except holidays, outside of business hours, phone 250-248-6111 extension 7.