1) April 6, report of a stolen bike from the 1500 block of Pacific Crescent sometime over the previous evening. The bike is described as a 26” Northrock Trekking adult bike.
2) April 7, report of a canoe that had washed up on the shores of Nanoose Bay near Jib Road after a stormy night. The canoe is described as a Coleman red canoe. There was no indication that anyone had been in the canoe and that it most likely was just carried by waves from another location.
3) April 7, Administrators from Kwalikum Secondary called to report that they had arrived at the school and noted significant damages to the school fields. It appeared someone riding an ATV accessed the fields from the nearby walking trails. Once on the fields the suspect proceeded to damage the grass and grounds by doing donuts.
4) April 7, report from a business owner that 50 feet of industrial cable had been stolen. The cable, stolen from the 900 block of Chatsworth Road in Whiskey Creek was valued at over $2000.
5) April 9, just after midnight, the owner of a property at the 300 block of Temple Street in Parksville called to report that a group of youth had just pushed over a panel of their fence. There was a limited description of the ‘youth’. Police patrols were negative.
6) April 10, a theft from vehicle that occurred on the 600 block of Beach Road, Qualicum Beach. Sunglasses a cell phone adaptor and several other small items were stolen.
7) April 11, a bicycle had been stolen from in front of the Knox United Church in Parksville. The theft occurred between 12:45 and 1 p.m. The bike was described as a black older mountain bike with white handlebars.
8) April 12, a theft in the Pharmasave Complex in Parksville. The complainant left their vehicle parked temporarily between 9:15 and 10:20 a.m. Upon return the owner discovered their purse had been stolen from the car.