1) File 17-7404 August 17. 13 bundles of cedar shakes were reported stolen from the 1200 block of Pintail Drive, in Eaglecrest, Qualicum Beach. Fresh shoe prints could be seen in the construction sand around the residence.
2) File 17-7414 August 17. A bicycle was stolen from the Resort Drive area in Parksville sometime during the previous evening. The bike is described as a Black “Iron Horse” brand men’s mountain bike. The bike had saddle bags attached when it was stolen.
3) File 17-2017 August 17. A lady’s diamond ring and necklace were stolen from a table on the patio of the residence located in the 1300 block of Price Road in Errington.
4) File 17-7530 August 20. A patron of the Coombs Country Market left their vehicle parked overnight in that location. Upon returning to his vehicle, it was noted that the tonneau cover and the tailgate lock had been damaged. There was nothing missing from the vehicle.
5) File 17-7558 August 21. RCMP received a report from a storage business in the Parksville Industrial Park that there was a Break and Entry to the storage yard. Stolen was an orange utility cart. The cart measures 6 foot by 3 foot in size.
6) File 17-7568 August 21. A patron staying at the Bayside Resort returned to their vehicle to find it damaged. It appears as though someone had jumped on the hood of the car causing significant dents.
7) File 17-7599 August 22. A homeowner called police to report a break and entry. The residence, located on Alder Street in Qualicum Beach was broken into between 10:15 a.m., when the owners left the home and 11:30 a.m., when they returned. Stolen was a Mac computer, Epson scanner and a wifi router. The RCMP investigation is ongoing.
8) File 17-7649 August 23. A homeowner called to report that she had an open house (selling) between August 20 and 22 on Wheeler Avenue, in Parksville. An unknown suspect who had viewed the home is suspected to have stolen a number of women’s jewelry items that had been left on a window sill.