1) 2017-919 On February 1st, a theft from vehicle was reported to have occurred in the 100 block of Maple Crescent in Parksville. The complainant advised that during the early hours of January 31st culprits entered her unlocked vehicle and stole a blue Apple Ipod Nano touch screen in a black rubber case and a small quantity of change from the centre console.
2) 2017-941 On February 2nd, a break, enter and theft from a shed was reported to have occurred in the 2100 block of Errington Road in Errington. The complainant advised that near the end of January culprits broke into a shed on his property and stole a green Poulan chainsaw, an orange skill saw, a blue Mastercraft welder flux-core 110 band, and a red gas can. Several items were taken out of the shed but left behind.
3) 2017-1015 On February 4th, a theft from vehicle was reported to have occurred in the 100 block of Craig street in Parksville. The complainant advised that she was at a fitness class for only an hours and culprits entered her unlocked vehicle and stole her Iphone 6 and a blue flower coloured case. The complainant activated “find my Iphone” and the GPS locator provided an address where her phone was. The police attended a Parksville address and after speaking to a person who answered the door the complainant’s property was returned.
4) 2017-1071 On February 7th, a theft from vehicle was reported to have occurred in the 200 block of Moilliet Street in Parksville. The complainant advised that sometime during the night culprits gained entry into his vehicle and stole a pair of winter gloves and a 12 volt phone charger.
5) 2017-1077 On February 7th, a theft was reported to have occurred in the 800 block of Island highway West in Parksville. The complainant advised that as she was putting groceries from her buggy into her vehicle, her black purse went missing from her buggy. The complainant did not see anyone around but a lady called her saying a male just took her purse and was observed running away. The purse contained various pieces of personal identification and a large sum of cash.
6) 2017-1079 On February 7th, a theft was reported to have occurred at a business in the 1400 block of Island Highway East in Parksville. The complainant advised that Between February 4th and 5th, culprits gained entry into an exterior compound and stole between $2500.00-$5000.00 worth of copper wiring.
7) 2017-1080 On February 7th, an attempted theft of vehicle was reported to have occurred in the 900 block of Shorewood Drive in Parksville. The complainant advised that sometime during the evening culprits entered his truck and attempted to steal same by punching the ignition. The complainant found that the passenger side door speaker was stolen and the glove compartment was damaged.
8) 2017-1118 On February 9th, an attempted theft was reported to have occurred at a business in the 1000 block of Shearme Road in Qualicum Beach. The complainant advised that upon arriving at work he noticed a large piece of granite knocked over. It was not until telling a neighbouring business about the incident that he viewed video surveillance and observed persons trying to steal the large piece of granite but it fell over breaking. All told four vehicles were observed driving onto the property through an open gate the evening of the 8th. Unfortunately no license plate or vehicle descriptions were observed.
9) 2017-1131 On February 10th, a theft from a utility trailer was reported to have occurred in the 1900 block of Seahaven Road in Nanoose Bay. The complainant left the work site the previous afternoon leaving his work trailer there. In the morning he discovered the double doors wide open and the lock cut off and lying in the snow. Approximately $4000.00 in various tools were stolen. Numerous foot prints were found in the snow. This matter remains under investigation.
10) 2017-1145 On February 10th, a theft was reported to have occurred at a business in the 700 block of Jones Street in Qualicum Beach. The complainant advised that while at the Ravensong Aquatic Centre she left her property in an insecure locked in the ladies change room. When she was leaving she discovered her vehicle keys were missing. When the complainant went outside she discovered her vehicle had been entered and the glove box and centre console rummaged through. A grey down mid length coat valued at $150.00 was stolen. Her keys were found discarded on the ground beside her vehicle. The complainant advised the Aquatic Centre.