During this time period the Oceanside RCMP received 224 complaints.
1) File 2022-1320: A break-and-enter to a business compound was reported in the 900 block of Fairdowne Road, Parksville, on February 14. Damage noted to front gate and an electric vehicle was moved a short distance away.
2) File 2022-1324: Illegal logging was reported on Crown land in the area east of Hilliers Road and Memorial Avenue, Qualicum Beach, on February 14. Value of cut trees estimated in the thousands of dollars.
3) File 2022-1325: A counterfeit Canadian $100 bill, serial XJA8914666, was received by a business in the Parksville area on February 14.
4) File 2022-1327: Money was reported stolen from a vehicle in the area of Fern Road, Qualicum Beach, on February 14. No damage to vehicle showing forced entry.
5) File 2022-1329: A break-and-enter to a utility trailer stored in a storage yard was reported in the 600 block of Alberni Highway, Parksville, on February 14. Tools, some marked “BM”, were reported stolen.
6) File 2022-1326: Nighttime prowlers were reported in the 500 block of Sandalwood Drive, Parksville on February 15.
7) File 2022-1386: A horse was reported stolen in the 1900 block of Grafton Avenue, Errington, on February 16.
8) File 2022-1388: A men’s gold bracelet was reported lost in the area of Second Avenue, Qualicum Beach, on February 16.
9) File 2022-1390: A business break-and-enter was reported in the 1200 block of Fair Road, Errington, on February 16. Damage to a back door was noted as well as missing money and an iMac computer with external hard drive.
10) File 2022-1399: Two motion activated solar lights were reported stolen from a property in the 1200 block of Alberni Highway, Parksville on February 16.
11) File 2022-800023: Three fir tree stumps weighing 100 lbs each for a landscaping project were reported stolen in the 200 block of Fern Road West, Qualicum Beach, on February 16.
12) File 2022-1439: A business compound break-and-enter was reported in the 2800 block of Alberni Highway, Qualicum Beach, on February 18. A rear gate was noted open with padlock missing.
13) File 2022-1440: A break-and-enter was reported in the 1100 block of Resort Drive, Parksville, on February 18. Reported stolen was a black Pelican case with an Alaskan Airlines sticker containing clothing as well as a silver Vaio i5 laptop with accompanying hardware.
14) File 2022-1446: A Facebook Dating site resulted in a local resident losing thousands of dollars in a bitcoin scam via a site claiming to be Great Eastern Finance on February 18.
15) File 2022-1452: A break-and-enter to a seasonal residence was reported in the 5500 block of Deep Bay Road, Bowser, on February 18.
16) File 2022-1463: A 1995 green Club brand golf cart was reported stolen in the 1100 block of Fair Road, Parksville, on February 18. The cart was missing seat backs and the roof.
17) File 2022-1476: A prowler was reported in the 1200 block of Fair road, Parksville, on February 18.
18) File 2022-1487: An attempted theft of a catalytic converter was reported in the 3100 block of Van Horne Road, Qualicum Beach, on February 19.
19) File 2022-1492: BC plates KN609M were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 2600 block of Alberni Highway, Coombs, on February 19.
If you see a crime in progress phone 9-1-1. Crimes of a less serious nature that are not in progress may be reported online.
The Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number is 250-248-6111. The detachment is located at 421 Pym Street North, Parksville, with public business hours of 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday to Friday, except holidays