During this time period the Oceanside RCMP received 190 complaints.
1) File 2022-1758: A shed break-and-enter was reported in the 900 block of Chatsworth Road, Qualicum Beach, on February 28. Some items reported stolen included an orange Echo power saw, Makita heavy duty skil saw and Makita reciprocating saw.
2) File 2022-1771: A vehicle was reported vandalized in the 600 block of Doehle Avenue, Parksville, on February 28. A rock was reported thrown through a side window.
3) File 2022-1781: A car prowler was reported in the 800 block of Mulholland Drive, Parksville, on March 1.
4) File 2022-1786: Three garbage bins had their lids removed and contents dumped as well a Canada Post mail box was tipped over in the 100 block of Island Highway, Parksville, on March 1.
5) File 2022-1792: Ray Ban sunglasses and binoculars were reported stolen form a vehicle in the 700 block of Arrowsmith Way, Parksville, on March 1. There was no damage to the vehicle.
6) File 2022-1797: A farm stand was vandalized in the 1400 block of Greig Road, Parksville, on March 1.
7) File 2022-1801: A mail box was vandalized in the 800 block of Island Highway West, Parksville, on March 1.
8) File 2022-1812: A unlocked vehicle was reported rummaged through in the 800 block of Reid Road, Parksville, on March 1.
9) File 2022-1823: A car prowler was reported in the 1400 block of Sunrise Drive, Parksville, on March 2. A male suspect was arrested.
10) File 2022-1829: A nighttime prowler was reported in the 1700 block of Claudet Road, Nanoose Bay, on March 2.
11) File 2022-1846: Approximately $6,000 in damages to seven windows of a public school was reported in the 100 block of Pym Street North, Parksville, on March 2.
12) File 2022-1848: A Certified 3550W portable generator, serial 20OCT1302245, was reported stolen in the area of Melrose Forest Service Road near the 5 KM marker, on March 2.
13) File 2022-1870: BC plate HJ845S was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 800 block of Island Highway West, Parksville, on March 3.
14) File 2022-1882: Wood was reported stolen in the area of Little Qualicum Falls Provincial Park, on March 3. A vehicle found in the area was impounded.
15) File 2022-1888: A driver’s license, fuel card and credit card were reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 1400 block of Benzon Crescent, Errington, on March 4.
16) File 2022-1894: A catalytic converter was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 100 block of Fair Road, Parksville, on March 4.
17) File 2022-1903: Thousands of dollars were reported stolen from a local resident in a computer virus scam on March 4. A message was noted to contact Microsoft and to send money to a Bitcoin wallet.
18) File 2022-1912: A construction sign was reported stolen in the 300 block of Hirst Avenue West, Parksville, on March 4. Police were able to recover the property a short distance away and have it returned.
19) File 2022-1920: Three unique pieces of art were reported stolen in a business break-and-enter in the 2300 block of Alberni Highway, Coombs, March 5. Refer to RCMP Press Release.
20) File 2022-1934: Sunglasses valued at $40 were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 200 block of Alberni Highway, Parksville, on March 5. There was no damage to vehicle and no signs of forced entry.
If you see a crime in progress phone 9-1-1. Crimes of a less serious nature that are not in progress may be reported online.
The Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number is 250-248-6111. The detachment is located at 421 Pym Street North, Parksville, with public business hours of 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday to Friday, except holidays