During this time period the Oceanside RCMP received 214 complaints.
1) File 2022-1108: A nighttime prowler was reported in the 700 block of Canyon Crescent Road, Qualicum Breach, on February 7.
2) File 2022-1140: A business break-and-enter was reported in the 100 block of Second Avenue West, Qualicum Beach, on February 8. A broken window was noted in addition to missing money and a Samsung Galaxy tablet.
3) File 2022-1141: A rental portable furnace and propane tank were reported stolen from a construction site in the 600 block of Briarwood Drive, Parksville, on February 8.
4) File 2022-1142: A secured compound break-and-enter was reported in the 200 block of Corfield Street North, Parksville, on February 8. Three utility trailers had locks cut and some contents noted missing.
5) File 2022-1145: Pink boxing gloves, sunglasses and reading glasses were reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 1000 block of Island Highway West, Parksville, on February 8.
6) File 2022-1147: Nighttime male prowlers were reported in the 600 block of Ashcroft Place, Parksville, on February 8.
7) File 2022-1152: A blue duffle bag containing tools including a Shop Works skill saw was found in the 900 block of Wallys Way, Parksville, on February 8. Contact Oceanside RCMP during regular office hours to claim.
8) File 2022-1158: A suspicious vehicle was reported following children and offering a ride in the Meadowoods area, Qualicum Beach, on February 8.
9) File 2022-1173: A nighttime prowler was reported in the 2400 block of Garry Oak Drive, Nanoose Bay, on February 9.
10) File 2022-1175: A resident reported being scammed out of tens of thousands of dollars in an on-line bit coin scam in Parksville, on February 9.
11) File 2022-1213: A secured lock box was reported stolen in the 200 block of Island Highway West, Parksville, on February 10.
12) File 2022-1253: Illegal log harvesting on private land was reported between Inland Island Highway and Gray Road, Qualicum Beach, on February 11.
13) File 2022-1262: A prowler was reported rummaging though a vehicle in the 100 block of Jensen Avenue, Parksville, on February 12. Police arrived and arrested one male.
14) File 2022-1267: A prowler was reported to have damaged an electrical shed in the 1100 block of Smithers Road, Parksville on February 12.
15) File 2022-1269: A residential window was reported smashed with a rock in the 200 block of Jensen Avenue East, Parksville on February 12. A male was identified on surveillance video and subsequently arrested.
16) File 2022-1295: A Grayco child car seat valued at $300 was reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 100 block of Hamilton Avenue, Parksville, on February 12.
17) File 2022-1303: A vehicle was reported vandalized in the 400 block of Craig Street, Parksville, on February 13. The driver’s side door lock was noted damaged.
If you see a crime in progress phone 9-1-1. Crimes of a less serious nature that are not in progress may be reported online.
The Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number is 250-248-6111. The detachment is located at 421 Pym Street North, Parksville, with public business hours of 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday to Friday, except holidays