During this time period the Oceanside RCMP received 233 complaints.
1 File 2022-882: A vehicle was reported vandalized in the 6600 block of Island Highway West, Bowser, on January 30. A hole was drilled in the side of the vehicle.
2) File 2022-902: A muffler was reported stolen from an excavator in the area of Melrose Road and Alberni Highway, Qualicum Beach, on January 31.
3) File 2022-8000015: A BC plate validation sticker 79785373 was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 1400 block of Island Highway East, Nanoose Bay, on January 31.
4) File 2022-905: Ten empty propane tanks were reported stolen in the 1100 block of Franklins Gull Road, Parksville, on January 31. A grinder was used to cut the securing cable.
5) File 2022-930: A nighttime trespasser was reported in the 5000 block of Longview Drive, Bowser, on January 31.
6) File 2022-931: A business break-and-enter was reported in 900 block of Shearme Road, Coombs, on February 1. Thieves attempted to steal a utility trailer causing damage to a compound fence.
7) File 2022-932: A white 2010 Trailmaster trailer, BC plate 03524U, containing a 2004 Polaris 500 Quad was reported stolen in the 4100 block of Island Highway West, Dashwood, on February 1.
8) File 2022-8000017: A BC plate validation sticker 98742119 was reported stolen in the 700 block of Nanoose Avenue, Parksville, on February 1.
9) File 2022-948: Change was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 200 block of Dunbar Way, Parksville, on February 1. Damage was noted on the driver side door.
10) File 2022-951: An alert resident was responsible for the recovery of a stolen vehicle in the 1100 block of Resort Drive, Parksville, on February 1.
11) File 2022-953: A dumpster was reported damaged in the 1400 block of Alberni Highway, Parksville, on February 1.
12) File 2022-967: A vehicle was reported ransacked in the 1200 block of Centre Road, Qualicum Beach, on February 2.
13) File 2022-980: A catalytic converter was reported stolen from a vehicle parked on the Memorial Avenue pullout, Qualicum Beach, on February 2.
14) File 2022-985: A chain link fence and three recreation vehicles were reported damaged in the 1000 block of Industrial Way, Parksville, on February 2.
15) File 2022-8000018: An orange Husqvarna 384XP 30” bar chainsaw was reported stolen for a vehicle in the 300 block of First Avenue West, Qualicum Beach, on February 2. Damage reported to vehicle.
16) File 2022-1038: Change was reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 400 block of Temple Street, Parksville, on February 4.
17) File 2022-1059: A black Zooyork jacket and wallet containing bank cards were reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 200 block of Corfield Street, Parksville, on February 5.
18) File 2022-1069: A AGN battery and a power inverter were reported stolen off a solar panel system in the area of Pauls Place and Meadowood Way, Qualicum Beach, on February 5.<
If you see a crime in progress phone 9-1-1. Crimes of a less serious nature that are not in progress may be reported online.
The Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number is 250-248-6111. The detachment is located at 421 Pym Street North, Parksville, with public business hours of 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday to Friday, except holidays