1) March 24, Oceanside RCMP responded to a theft of a significant amount of fuel. Sometime during the 2 days prior someone had attended Ohiat Road, Qualicum Beach and stolen 600-800 litres of diesel fuel from logging equipment. Locks were cut off 2 machines in order for the thieves to gain access to the fuel.
2) March 25, a call was received from the construction crew at Rathtrevor Provincial Park. The night prior, someone had rammed through a gate and driven into the construction area. Once there, the suspects cut open a lock on a storage container. Several tools and other items were stolen from the storage locker.
3) March 26, a theft from an unlocked vehicle was reported at the 800 block of Stanhope Road in Parksville. Missing was a pair of Scorpion binoculars, sunglasses and loose change.
4) March 26, a theft from an unlocked vehicle was reported at the 700 block of Forbes Avenue, Parksville. The only thing missing was the change from the centre console.
5) March 28, a theft from an unlocked vehicle was reported at the 600 block of Morningstar Drive, Parksville. Stolen was a pair of binoculars, Gift cards to Pacific Net and Twine and a “little buddy’ heater.
6) March 28, a theft from an unlocked vehicle was reported at the 800 block of Lakes Blvd., Parksville. The thieves appear to have been looking for change in the centre console.
7) March 30, the Oceanside RCMP received a report of a hit and run. Over the previous evening, someone had left the road (Port Alberni Hwy) and slid off the road hitting the BC Park sign (Little Qualicum Falls). The sign was knocked over and the driver fled the scene, not calling or reporting the incident.