1) 2016-4566 On May 27th, a break, enter and theft was reported to have occurred in the 1900 block of Seahaven Road in Nanoose Bay. The complainant advised that upon arrival to check on his cabin he found the front door ajar with some damage to the door jamb. The premises appeared to have been rummaged through with various items having been moved about. Nothing of any value appeared to be missing.
2) 2016-4567 On May 27th, a theft from boat was reported to have occurred in the 800 block of Shorewood Drive in Parksville. The complainant advised that sometime during the evening culprits entered his driveway and stole one of his Scotty downriggers off his boat.
3) 2016-4624 On May 29th, a theft of vehicle was reported to have occurred in the 600 block of Gilbert Road in Qualicum Beach. The complainant advised that sometime during the evening his black Ford F150, BC license HV-4680, was stolen off his property. Several hours earlier, a collision involving the complainant’s vehicle was reported to have occurred on Inland Island Highway near the Horne Lake Road intersection. The vehicle was observed driving northbound recklessly at a high rate of speed. It side swiped another vehicle, lost control and went off road into the woods. The driver fled the scene after being confronted by several passers by and eventually was tracked by a RCMP police dog and apprehended. Various charges are pending.
4) 2016-4662 On May 30th, a theft of bike was reported to have occurred in the 600 block of Memorial Avenue in Qualicum Beach. The complainant advised that his bike had been secured at the front of his residence and video surveillance showed three males taking the custom hand built Motivator 29er hard tail mountain bike made by Vicious Cycles. The purple and black bike has Shimano components and pedals and is valued at $3000.00.
5) 2016-4712 On June 1st, a theft from vehicle was reported to have occurred in the 600 block of Redwood Drive in Qualicum Beach. The complainant advised that sometime during the early hours his black and yellow Wilderness Tsunami kayak was stolen off the vehicle carrier on the top of his vehicle which was parked in his driveway.
6) 2016-4738 On June 1st, a theft was reported to have occurred from a residence in the 5400 block of Deep Bay Drive in Bowser. The complainant advised that her 10/11 foot, yellow Dimensions single kayak valued at $1000.00, was stolen from her property sometime during the previous evening. Nothing suspicious was observed by neighbours.
7) 2016-4747 On June 2nd, a break, enter and theft was reported to have occurred in the 900 block of Jones Street in Qualicum Beach. The complainant advised that while in his residence he heard the audible alarm sounding at an old house on his property that is currently being converted into a shed. The complainant went to the shed to find that culprits had broken the lock off the door allowing access into the shed. Several items had been moved but it did not appear that anything was missing. It is probable that the culprits were scared off by the loud alarm sounding.
8) 2016-4750 On June 2nd, a theft of vehicle was reported to have occurred in the 600 block of Pioneer Crescent in Parksville. The complainant advised sometime during the evening her gray 2005 Kia Rio, BC license 1340WVK, was stolen from her property. No permission was given to anyone to use the vehicle and the vehicle was approximately ½ full.
9) 2016-4752 On June 2nd, a theft of boat was reported to have occurred in the 1300 block of Saturna Drive in Parksville. The complainant advised that between mid-January and April, while he was away, his 9 foot aluminum Chief boat was stolen from the Craig Bay RV storage. The boat had been cable locked; it did not have a motor and is valued at approximately $1,500.00.
10) 2016-4754 On June 2nd, a theft from vehicle was reported to have occurred in the 1200 block of Station Road in Coombs. The complainant advised that sometime during the night culprits entered his unlocked vehicle and stole a number of items. In the morning as the complainant was driving past a residence on Burgoyne Road at Station Road he observed a bunch of property on the ground with three males sitting nearby. The complainant stopped to find most of his property there. He confronted the males who said the first name of a male who was most likely responsible. The only things that remain missing are a pair of Ray Ban sunglasses and twenty dollars in change. This matter is still under investigation.
11) 2016-4765 On June 2nd, a theft was reported to have occurred in the waters off of French Creek, in Parksville. The complainant advised that sometime in the past twenty four hours his crab trap, valued at approximately $100.00, had been stolen. This matter was reported for information purposes however this type of crime is becoming much more prevalent in our community.