- Looking for an opportunity to donate your time to assist your local community in creating and maintaining a safe community
- Self confident
- Willing to accept responsibility
- Able to exhibit a positive attitude
- Able to handle conflict
- Friendly and co-operative
- Sensitive to the needs of individuals
- Able to assist with community events and programs
- Knowledgeable about community policing initiatives, the criminal justice system, community resources and able to make appropriate referrals – or willing to learn?
- A resident of the Oceanside area
- 19 years of age or older
- Able to pass a criminal record check
If you wish to volunteer, please download and complete the forms below. The application form includes a criminal record check authorization.
Once completed, take the forms to the Oceanside RCMP Detachment located at 727 West Island Highway, Parksville. Please remember two pieces of I.D. including one with a photo. If you have a resume please include it with your application. Once the Criminal Record Check is completed, you may be contacted about further steps including an interview with the Volunteer Coordinator.
The Community Policing and Crime Prevention Section recruits individuals with work experience, a range of skills and a history of public service. Not everyone who applies is selected.