Do you have a few spare hours to donate to your community?
1) 2016-9399 On October 4th, a theft was reported to have occurred in the 400 block of College Road in Qualicum Beach. The complainant advised that she had planted a number of two foot high cedar trees on public easement and sometime during the evening three of the small trees were stolen.
1) 2016-9286 On October 1st, a theft from vehicle was reported to have occurred on Ponderosa Drive in Parksville. The complainant advised that during the early morning hour’s culprits gained entry into his vehicle and rummaged through the centre console and glove box. Nothing appeared to have been stolen.
Readers in Port Alberni and Kelowna have written this week to comment on drivers who stop to turn left between intersections and are then involved in collisions with drivers overtaking from the rear. In Port Alberni this is occurring in a downtown business district with straight road and a posted speed limit of 50 km/h.
1) 2016-9057 On September 24th, a mischief to vehicle was reported to have occurred in the 100 block of Alberni Highway in Parksville. The complainant advised that while at work her vehicle was keyed in the company parking lot.
It was easy to tell that the first day of fall came yesterday. All I had to do was check my e-mail inbox and count the bright ideas to remind everyone to remember to turn on their lights when driving in the darkness and poor weather conditions. It’s an important thought because your vehicle’s lights not only help you see, they help other road users to see you.
1) 2016- 8930 On September 21st, a theft was reported to have occurred from a construction site in the 800 block of Island Highway West in Parksville. The complainant advised that sometime during the evening of September 19th, culprits stole a red Milwaukee, model #5268-21 rotary hammer drill valued at $550.00.
1) 2016-8849 On September 19th, a theft from and mischief to vehicle was reported to have occurred in the 100 block of Hamilton Avenue in Parksville. The complainant advised that during the early morning hours culprits keyed the entire passenger side of his truck and rummaged through his mother’s unlocked vehicle. Nothing appeared to have been stolen.
1) 2016-8708 On September 16th, a theft was reported to have occurred at a business in the 1200 block of Fair Road in Parksville. The complainant advised that at approximately 2:48 am on September 15th, video surveillance captured a red four door Dodge pickup drive onto the property.
1) 2016-8593 On September 13th, a theft from vehicle was reported to have occurred in the 500 block of Ridgefield Drive in Parksville. The complainant advised that sometime during the early hours of September 11th, culprits entered her unlocked vehicle and stole two pairs of sunglasses and a safety knife.
Come meet the 2016 Tour de Rock team when they ride into Parksville at the annual Tour de Rock Beer & Burger and Auction taking place at the Quality Resort Bayside. The team is made up of police officers and select media personnel that have dedicated 6 months of their lives to train and fundraise. The riders and families of those suffering with cancer truly appreciate your support.