1) File 17-6913 August 4 at 2:31 a.m., the RCMP responded to an alarm call at the Pine Tree Centre on Alberni Highway. A lone male suspect tried all the doors to businesses and eventually found a door that had been left unlocked. Once inside the business, the suspect, startled by the alarm grabbed a few small items and fled the area.
1) File 17-6367 On July 21 a resident of Butterball Drive in Qualicum Beach called to report that someone had stolen the bbq right off their porch. Oceanside RCMP believe the suspect approached the patio from the beach.
1) June 14, a theft was reported from a shed on Rheumer Crescent in Parksville. Once the suspect entered the shed they stole a dark blue Marin men’s mountain bike.
1) File 17-4121 May 19, theft from motor vehicles reported from Crocus Corner in the Morningstar Subdivision. The suspect was seen fleeing from the vehicle at 03:00 a.m. Nothing of significance stolen from the vehicle as it appears the suspect was spooked.
1) File 2017-3596 May 4, a resident of the 400 block of Rosewood Close in Parksville was alerted to a suspicious character rooting through his vehicle in the middle of the night. Nothing was apparently missing from the vehicle as the male (no description) was probably spooked by the complainant.
1) File 2017-3170. April 21, A Fraud complaint was received from a department store at the Wembley Centre. A woman had stolen an item from a top shelf of the store and then proceeded to return it for a gift card. After surveillance footage was reviewed, the RCMP quickly identified the female (well known to police) and made an arrest.
1) April 6, report of a stolen bike from the 1500 block of Pacific Crescent sometime over the previous evening. The bike is described as a 26” Northrock Trekking adult bike.
1) March 24, Oceanside RCMP responded to a theft of a significant amount of fuel. Sometime during the 2 days prior someone had attended Ohiat Road, Qualicum Beach and stolen 600-800 litres of diesel fuel from logging equipment. Locks were cut off 2 machines in order for the thieves to gain access to the fuel.
1) March 19, a property owner in the 1200 Block of Winchester Road, Errington called to report a Break and Enter to an outbuilding. Thieves stole a very expensive silver coloured Giant Road Bike and a Makita chop saw.
1) March 3, a report of a theft from a shed in the 200 block of Shelly Road, Parksville was received. The property owner stated that over the past couple of weeks, several items have gone missing from his shed. These items included tools, wiring, welding supplies and copper piping.