Block Watch is:
- a commitment to be concerned about your community, your neighbor’s property as well as your own. After all, a watchful Neighbor is your best burglar alarm.
- a commitment to report a crime in progress or any suspicious activity to the police then communicate the information to your neighbors. A neighbor should report criminal activity to the police first, then to their Block Captain.
- a way to be proactive, involved, and a leader in your community. It usually only takes about one hour a month to maintain a Block Watch, but the time spent is worthwhile.
- not a way to eliminate the criminal but it can reduce the suitable targets and their opportunities.
- a way to save money on your insurance. Some companies offer a discount when you are active in Block Watch.
For more information on Block Watch please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org