During this time period the Oceanside received 328 complaints total with Parksville 146, RDN 135, Qualicum Beach 42.
1) File 2019-4099: RCMP conducted a vehicle stop on April 28th, on Island Highway West near Qualicum Road when the odor of burnt cannabis was being emitted from a vehicle. The result was a violation ticket to the driver who was prohibited from operating a motor vehicle, adult operating a motor vehicle with cannabis in it.
2) File 2019-4108: A resident in the 300 block of Rheumer Crescent, Parksville, reported on April 29th, of the theft of a grey video recorder from their vehicle.
3) File 2019-4109: A business in the 3700 block of Fairwinds Drive, Nanoose Bay, reported a break and enter on April 29th. A cash float was stolen from the office.
4) File 2019-4111: On April 29th, in the 800 block of Island Highway West, a vehicle in the parking lot was rummaged through with a wallet and backpack removed.
5) File 2019-4114: In the 300 block of Church Road an unlocked vehicle was reported rummaged through on April 29th. Nothing was reported stolen from the vehicle.
6) File 2019-4119: An unlocked vehicle in the 400 block of Quatsino Road, Qualicum Beach, was reported rummaged through on April 29th. Nothing was reported stolen, nor was there any damage.
7) File 2019-4121: A business in the 900 block of Chatsworth Road, Qualicum Beach, reported on April 29th that the fuel line on a piece of machinery was cut and diesel was stolen.
8) File 2019-4125: A vehicle in the 400 block of Ridgefield Drive, Parksville, on April 29th was rummaged through in a driveway overnight. Owner was sure vehicle was locked but there was no damage and nothing was reported stolen.
9) File 2019-4126: A Canada Post box was reported broken into in the 200 block of Evanson Road, Qualicum Beach, on April 29th. An unknown amount of mail was taken.
10) File 2019-4127: A Canada Post box in the 400 block of College Road, Qualicum Beach, was damaged on April 29th. The box was damaged but no mail was reported missing.
11) File 2019-4129: The RCMP received a report on April 30th from a resident in the 500 block of Crescent Road West, Qualicum Beach, that 6 silver, moon ray solar lights were stolen from the front yard.
12) File 2019-4132: A resident reported an unlocked vehicle was entered in the 100 block of Pym Street South, Parksville, on April 29th. The only think reported missing was a small amount of change.
13) File 2019-4167: An unlocked vehicle in the 200 block of Bramble Street, Parksville, was reported rummaged through on April 30th. Nothing was reported stolen.
14) File 2019-4175: A utility yard was entered off of Cochrane Road, Qualicum Beach, on April 30th. A vehicle trailer had its lock cut off and materials were removed. Evidence was recovered at the scene and the investigation continues.
15) File 2019-4204: A business in the 100 block of Weld Street, Parksville, reported on May 1st that graffiti/tagging had occurred the previous day.
16) File 2019-4213: A facility in the 400 block of the Alberni Highway reported on May 1st, the theft of a wheelchair. RCMP recovered the wheelchair on May 2nd and the suspect has been identified.
17) File 2019-4245: On May 2nd a resident reported in the 200 block of Bagshaw Street, Parksville, that a wallet was stolen from an unlocked vehicle.
18) File 2019-4249: A white leather Gucci wallet was reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 400 block of Timberlane Place, Qualicum Beach, on May 2nd.
19) File 2019-4250: A small brown leather purse was reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 700 block of Redwood Drive, Qualicum Beach, on May 2nd.
20) File 2019-4252: RCMP received a report from the 400 block of Bay Avenue, Parksville, on May 2nd of graffiti sprayed on a fence.
21) File 2019-4257: A business in the vicinity of Corcan Road and Dorman Road reported on May 2nd, the theft of $400 worth of advertising signs.
22) File 2019-4276: A downrigger described as a Scotty with yellow braided line and all gear attached including black line and blue snubber on it was reported stolen in the 400 block of Stanford Avenue East, Parksville, on May 2nd.
23) File 2019-4316: A resident reported the theft of garden lights valued at $100 in the 400 block of Crescent Road, Qualicum Beach, on May 3rd.
24) File 2019-4319: A vehicle was stolen from a driveway in the 1200 block of Trunberry Place, Parksville, on May 3rd. There was a spare key in the vehicle which may have assisted with the theft. The vehicle was recovered later in the day. The licence plates are still unaccounted for.
25) File 2019-4328: An unlocked vehicle in the 300 block of Hirst Avenue West, Parksville, on May 4th had a “Genius” battery charger reported stolen.
26) File 2019-4331: On May 3rd it was reported an unlocked vehicle in the 300 block of Kingsley Street, Parksville, was rummaged through.
27) File 2019-4368: RCMP responded to an abandoned vehicle on the beach in the 100 block of Beachside Drive, Parksville, on May 4th. There was no apparent environmental damage and the vehicle was removed.
28) File 2019-4384: A business owner in the 800 block of Allsbrook Road, Parksville, reported that on or about May 4th BC dealer licence plate D73478 was stolen from a vehicle.
29) File 2019-4450: On May 5th the theft of mail and damage to a mailbox was reported in the Raymur Court and Horne Lake Road area. The master lock was stolen and the mailbox was emptied.
Please phone 9-1-1 If you see a crime in progress. Should you have information regarding an incident please phone the Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number at 250-248-6111 during regular office hours 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM weekdays except holidays, outside of business hours phone 250-248-6111 extension 7, or phone Crime Stoppers @ 1-800-222-8477.