During this time period the Oceanside received 297 complaints.
1) File 2019-3781: On April 21st a white 1978 XT 250 Yamaha motor bike was reported stolen from a residence in the 800 block of Shorewood Drive, Parksville.
2) File 2019-3811: An unlocked vehicle was reportedly rummaged through in the 300 block of Dorset Road, Qualicum Beach, on April 22nd. Nothing was reported missing.
3) File 2019-3813: On April 22nd it was reported that two unlocked vehicles were rummaged through in the 100 block of Meridian Way, Parksville. There was nothing reported stolen nor was there any damage.
4) File 2019-3815: In the 100 block of Hamilton Avenue, Parksville, it was reported on April 22nd that an unlocked vehicle was rummaged though. There was no reported damage or anything missing.
5) File 2019-3817: For the second time in a week an unlocked vehicle was rummaged through in the 100 block of Maple Crescent, Parksville, as reported on April 22. The first instance was not reported as only change was taken but thieves came a second time and stole a debit card which was later used fraudulently.
6) File 2019-3822: A break and enter was reported to a business in the 600 block of Island Highway East, Parksville, on April 22nd. Stolen was the cast register with cash float inside.
7) File 2019-3831: On April 22nd, a resident reported finding a dingy boat tied up at a dock in the 1600 block of Brynmarl Road, Nanoose Bay. It is approximately 9 feet, fiberglass, white with two blue oars. Phone the Oceanside RCMP if this is yours.
8) File 2019-3832: A vehicle was reported stolen from a lot in the 1000 block of Lee Road, Parksville, on April 22nd. The vehicle was located by RCMP on April 23rd and a suspect was arrested.
9) File 2019-3835: An unlocked vehicle was entered overnight in the 300 block of Hirst Avenue, Parksville, and reported on April 22nd. The vehicle was rummaged through but nothing was reported stolen.
10) File 2019-3845: On April 23rd an unlocked vehicle was entered in the 700 block of Nanoose Avenue, Parksville. Reported stolen were a hiking backpack and a wallet.
11) File 2019-3857: An unlocked vehicle was rummaged through in the 100 block of Meridian Way, Nanoose Bay on April 23rd. Northing was reported stolen or damaged.
12) File 2019-3858: On April 23 a theft was reported from a motor vehicle in the 400 block of First Avenue West, Qualicum Beach. A wallet with bank cards and other documents was taken.
13) File 2019-3874. An employee from a business in the 1200 block of Franklins Gull Road, Parksville, reported on April 23rd the theft of four semi-truck batteries worth $750.
14) File 2019-3877: An 18” Ridge Rider light bar was reported stolen from a vehicle parked in the 100 block of Cheney Street, Parksville, on April 23rd.
15) File 2019-3895: A wallet with bank cards was reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 2000 block of Errington Road, Errington, on April 24th.
16) File 2019-3903: Popcorn, a lighter and loose change was reported stolen on April 24th from an unlocked vehicle in the 700 block of Newcastle Avenue, Parksville.
17) File 2019-3904: A resident reported on April 24th of two phone calls purporting to be from Visa stating that they owed $500 to eBay. The call was deemed fraudulent.
18) File 2019-3906: During a patrol in the 200 block of Corfield Street, Parksville, RCMP observed a male throwing paint at the back door of a building on April 24th. The male was arrested for Mischief and stated that they did not think it was illegal to throw paint at that location.
19) File 2019-3919: A resident reported a call from the “Lottery Corporation” about a senior’s promotion that won them $12.5 million. It was a scam.
20) File 2019-3936: On April 25th a cement garden pagoda was reported stolen from a property in the 500 block of Arbutus Street, Qualicum Beach. The theft occurrence was on or about April 23rd.
21) File 2019-3954: Merchandise was reported stolen on April 25th from a business in the 100 block of Alberni Highway, Parksville. RCMP used video surveillance to identify the suspect and charges are pending.
22) File 2019-3967: A motorist reported an erratic driver near the 2700 block of Island Highway West, Qualicum Beach, on April 25th. The RCMP found the vehicle and conducted a traffic stop. The driver was ticketed for having an invalid driver’s license and the vehicle was impounded.
23) File 2019-4005: On April 26th, a resident turned in two counterfeit $100 bills found on the side of the road near Sunking Road and Shawn Road, Coombs.
24) File 2019-4052: On April 27th Oceanside RCMP issued a motorcycle driver an excessive speed ticket near Bowser. This resulted in the bike being impounded for a 7 day period.
Please phone 9-1-1 If you see a crime in progress. Should you have information regarding an incident please phone the Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number at 250-248-6111 during regular office hours 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM weekdays except holidays, outside of business hours phone 250-248-6111 extension 7, or phone Crime Stoppers @ 1-800-222-8477.