During this time period the Oceanside RCMP received 344 complaints.
1) File 2019-9332: Reported on August 25th that thieves stole four 70 lb batteries from an aux power compartment used for maintaining light operation during power outages at Northwest Bay Road and Highway 19.
2) File 2019-9347: A business break and enter was reported on August 26th in the 100 block of Weld Street, Parksville. Among items stolen was land surveying equipment, including a GPT-9000A Series Long Range Reflectorless Total Station, valued at over $42,000.
3) File 2019-9349: Change and lottery tickets were reported stolen from an unlocked car in the 500 block of Temple Street, Parksville, on August 26th.
4) File 2019-9366: The theft of BC trailer plate, 694226, was reported on August 26th from a marina in Nanoose Bay.
5) File 2019-9370: The theft of BC trailer plate, WAY58G, was reported on August 26th from a property in the 1500 block of Pady Place, Qualicum Beach.
6) File 2019-9405: Three lawn chairs and three dog leashes were reported stolen on August 27th from a campsite in the 2600 block of Coombs.
7) File 2019-9433: A navy blue Herschel backpack and contents were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 100 block of Hamilton Avenue, Parksville, on August 27th. There was no damage to the vehicle.
8) File 2019-9462: A catalytic converter was reported removed and fuel line cut from a vehicle in the 1300 block of Alberni Highway, Parksville, on August 28th.
9) File 2019-9466: BC plate CJ98S was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 400 block of Island Highway East on August 28th.
10) File 2019-9478: BC plate NL0363 was reported stolen from a vehicle in the Cook Creek area, Bowser, on August 28th.
11) File 2019-9515: A 20” black and blue mountain bike was reported stolen from a campsite in the 5800 block of Island Highway West, Qualicum Bay, on August 29th. The bike was valued at $500.
12) File 2019-9518: A set of binoculars valued at $400 were reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 500 block of Morison Avenue, Parksville, on August 29th.
13) File 2019-9521: A vehicle was rummaged through in the 700 block of Foxtail Avenue, Parksville, on August 30th. Nothing reported stolen and no damage.
14) File 2019-9529: A fanny pack containing cash was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 2200 block of Island Highway East, Parksville, on August 29th.
15) File 2019-9565: A wallet, change and a pocket knife were reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 500 block of Avalon Place, Parksville, on August 30th
Please phone 9-1-1- If you see a crime in progress. Should you have information regarding an incident please phone the Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number at 250-248-6111 during regular office hours 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM weekdays except holidays, outside of business hours phone 250-248-6111 extension 7, or phone Crime Stoppers 1-800-222-8477.