During this time period the Oceanside RCMP received 323 complaints.
1) File 2019-8368: On August 4th a resident reported the theft of BC license plate Y56748 from a motorcycle in the 600 block of Chinook Avenue, Parksville.
2) File 2019-8382: RCMP was involved in the search for an injured hiker on the trail to Mount Wesley on August 4th. With local Search and Rescue the hiker was extracted and provided medical attention.
3) File 2019-8384: Banff RCMP reported recovery of BC license plate associated with Oceanside file 2019-8384 on August 4th.
4) File 2019-8391: Vandals sprayed graffiti on a building in the 100 block of Renz Road, Parksville, On August 4th.
5) File 2019-8429: Thieves caused between $1,400 and $5,000 damage to steal $200 worth of cash from a Sani station at a local Provincial Park, as reported on August 5th.
6) File 2019-8439: An unlocked vehicle was rummaged through in the 200 block of Orchid Close on August 6th. Change reported missing.
7) File 2019-8473: A business in the 600 block of Island Highway East reported a hole cut in the fence of their property on or about August 7th. Northing was reported missing.
8) File 2019-8474: An estimated $500 of copper wire was reported stolen from a street light located on Island Highway north of Exit 51.
9) File 2019-8485: Report of two trees illegally topped in the 800 block of Retegno Avenue, Parksville, on August 7th.
10) File 2019-8492: An unlocked vehicle was reported rummaged through in the 600 block of Ermineskin Avenue, Parksville, on August 7th.
11) File 2019-8493: Four tires with rims were reported stolen as well as a shed had its lock cut in the 1700 block of Ashling Road, Qualicum Beach, on August 7th.
12) File 2019-8530: A residence reported the theft of a push lawn mower and several gas cans missing from a property in the 2700 block Boyd Drive, Nanoose Bay. Based upon provided information RCMP were able to identify a subject and recover property.
13) File 2019-8531: A driver was issued a violation ticket for illegal dumping based upon information provided via various sources on August 8th. The driver also had an outstanding order to change bald tires, fix windshield and a taillight.
14) File 2019-8563: Loose change was reported stolen from a vehicle believed to have been unlocked in the 700 block of Forsyth Avenue, Parksville, on August 8th.
15) File 2019-8679: A hole was reported drilled in the fuel tank of a vehicle in the 300 block of Island Highway West, on August 10th. Parksville Volunteer Fire Department was able to remediate and clean up the spill.
16) File 2019-8741: A Milwaukee Drill/Driver M18 combo set with charger, radio and impact driver were reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 100 block of Hickey Avenue East, on August 10th. The stolen items were etched with the initials “AX”.
Please phone 9-1-1- If you see a crime in progress. Should you have information regarding an incident please phone the Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number at 250-248-6111 during regular office hours 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM weekdays except holidays, outside of business hours phone 250-248-6111 extension 7, or phone Crime Stoppers 1-800-222-8477.