1) File 17-6913 August 4 at 2:31 a.m., the RCMP responded to an alarm call at the Pine Tree Centre on Alberni Highway. A lone male suspect tried all the doors to businesses and eventually found a door that had been left unlocked. Once inside the business, the suspect, startled by the alarm grabbed a few small items and fled the area.
2) File 17-6955 August 5 at 3:49 a.m., RCMP were called to the 100 Block of Morison Avenue, Parksville to a report of mischief. Upon attendance, police found that someone had kicked the water tap and sheared it off at the side of the business. The mischief caused flooding of the street and had the potential to back flood the business.
3) File 17-6959 August 5. A bicycle was reported stolen from the rear of a pickup truck parked at Tanglewood Resort in Parksville. The bike was described as an older blue, Norco Brand women’s mountain bike.
4) File 17-6960 August 5. A bicycle was reported stolen from the rear of a cabin located on Resort Drive, Parksville. The Orange, Norco hybrid bike had been left locked.
5) File 17-7060 August 7. A theft was reported from a shed located behind a residence at the 1300 block of Lee Road. Stolen was an orange Stihl chain saw with a 12” bar.
6) File 17-7065 August 8. An outboard motor was stolen from a boat that was parked in the yard of a residence at the 200 block of Pioneer Crescent in Parksville. Outboard described as a black, red and orange, 15 horsepower, Mariner brand motor.