1) File 2018-13976: On December 19th an RCMP Officer on patrol observed a vehicle with no head lights on, near the 500 block of Island Hwy 19A, Parksville. The Officer conducted a traffic stop with the vehicle. As the driver was unlicensed, they were served a Prohibition Notice, Vehicle Impoundment and a Violation ticket for not having a valid Driver’s License.
2) File 2018-14140: On December 23rd a call was received by the RCMP to report that someone had entered a vehicle and stolen a couple of coffee gift cards (Starbucks and Tim Hortons). The vehicle was possibly entered via the passengers’ door. There is no suspect information available.
3) File 2018-14261: On December 27th, a business in the 100 block of Second Ave W in Qualicum Beach, reported their Canadian flag and pole were taken from outside the front of their office sometime after December 24th, 2018.
4) File 2018-14168: Oceanside RCMP received a report on December 24th that someone had entered into their unlocked vehicle and stole a purse containing debit & a MasterCard in the 500 block of Alberni Hwy, Parksville. Citizens are reminded to keep valuables out of sight in their vehicles and to ensure that they are always locked when unattended.
5) File 2018-14278: On December 27th, Oceanside RCMP received a complaint that a female was caught shoplifting at a business in the 100 block of Island Hwy E, Parksville. The total value of the theft was $27. Criminal charges are not being pursued as the incident was referred to the Arrowsmith Restorative Justice program.
6) File 2018-14299: On December 28th, 2018, a bike was stolen from a business in the 700 block of Memorial Avenue, Qualicum Beach. This bike is a black, red and blue RHYS Aggressor GT 2T5.
7) File 2018-14339: On December 29th a locker at the Recreation Centre located in the 700 block of Jones Street, Qualicum Beach was pried open and car keys, a phone and a purse containing insurance cards, credit cards, debit cards, identification and medical cards was stolen. The stolen cards were subsequently used to rent a vehicle in Nanaimo which was crashed in the Sydney area several days later. These investigations are ongoing.
8) File 2018-14360: On December 30th, a female was observed shoplifting from a business in the 100 block of Island Hwy East, Parksville. Efforts to identify and locate the suspect are ongoing.
9) File 2018-14364. On December 30th, a laptop was stolen from the 100 block of Alberni Hwy, Parksville. It was described as a Samsung R480.
10) File 2019-53: On January 2nd it was reported someone had gone into an unlocked vehicle and stole lose change, gloves and a Samsung cell phone the night of December 31, 2018 in the 400 block of Wheeler Ave, Parksville. Citizens are reminded to keep valuables out of sight in their vehicles and to ensure that they are always locked when unattended.
Please phone 9-1-1 If you see a crime in progress. Should you have information regarding an incident please phone the Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number at 250-248-6111 during regular office hours 8:30 AM to 4:40 PM weekdays except holidays, outside of business hours phone 250-248-6111 extension 7, or phone Crime Stoppers.