During this time period the Oceanside RCMP received 217 complaints.
1) File 2022-12454: Food was reported stolen in a business break-and-enter in the 2300 block of Alberni Highway, Coombs, on December 19.
2) File 2022-12457: An on-line social media scam was reported in the Oceanside area on December 20. The resident responded to a job offer receiving a $6,000 mobile cheque deposit, that later bounced, with instructions to buy gift cards, take photos of same and provide codes to three separate email addresses.
3) File 2022-12500: A catalytic converter was reported stolen from a vehicle it the 3100 block of Dolphin Drive, Nanoose Bay, on December 22.
4) File 2022-12503: A business break-and-enter of a storage trailer was reported in the 2900 block of Northwest Bay Road, Nanoose Bay, on December 22. A speaker and a laser printer were reported missing.
5) File 2022-12511: A catalytic converter was reported stolen for a vehicle in the 1000 block of Lee Road, Parksville, on December 22.
6) File 2022-12517: A prowler was reported in the 2500 block of Ross road, Nanoose Bay, on December 22.
7) File 2022-12524: A business break-and-enter of a storage shed was reported in the 100 block of Fern Road East, Qualicum Beach, on December 23. Five boxes of chain oil were noted missing.
8) File 2022-12527: A business break-and-enter of a storage shed with damage to perimeter fencing was reported in the 1200 block of Taylor Road, Parksville, on December 23.
9) File 2022-12532: A tent used by volunteer firefighters was reported vandalized in the 200 block of Hobbs Road, Qualicum Beach, on December 23.
If you see a crime in progress phone 9-1-1. The Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number is 250-248-6111. Oceanside RCMP is located at 421 Pym Street North, Parksville, with public business hours of 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday to Friday, except holidays.