During this time period the Oceanside RCMP received 241 complaints.
During this time period the Oceanside RCMP responded to 10 false or abandoned 911 calls.
During this time period the Oceanside RCMP responded to 17 false alarms
1) File 2022-12595: A daytime prowler was reported in the 2400 block of Grafton Avenue, Errington, on December 25
2) File 2022-12614: A business reported that their entrance door locks were damaged in the 300 block of Island Highway East, Parksville, on December 26.
3) File 2022-12625: A resident reported theft of electricity when their Christmas lights were unplugged and the extension cord rerouted to an empty green space behind the home in the 300 block of Pioneer Crescent, Parksville, on December 26.
4) File 2022-12629: A black ResMed Model 10 CPAP machine in a grey carry case was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 300 block of Hirst Avenue West, Parksville, on December 26.
5) File 2022-12631: A resident reported theft of jewelry and money after housing two people with no fixed address for one night in the 400 block of Morison Avenue, Parksville on December 26.
6) File 2022-12691: A resident reported a garbage can fire started by a non-resident near their home in the 200 block of Bagshaw Street, Parksville, on December 28.
7) File 2022-12707: A catalytic converter was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 1000 block of Lee Road, Parksville, on December 28.
8) File 2022-12715: A black cruiser style bicycle was found in the area of Highway 19A West and Deep Bay, on December 29. Contact Oceanside RCMP during regular baseness hours, quoting file number, to claim.
9) File 2022-12720: Two nighttime prowlers were reported in the 500 block of Viking Way, French Creek, on December 29.
10) File 2022-12727: A catalytic converter or resonator were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 1400 block of Springhill Road, Parksville, on December 29.
11)File 2022-12732: A purse containing identification, credit cards and debit cards was reported stolen from a vehicle that was inadvertently left unlocked in the 1400 block of Sunrise Drive, Parksville, on December 29.
12) File 2022-800186: A vehicle was reported vandalized with a door lock damaged in the 3200 block of Blueback Drive, Nanoose Bay, on December 29.
13) File 2022-800187: Both BC front and rear plates RR1866 were reported stolen form a vehicle in the 1200 block of Smithers Road, Parksville, on December 29.
14) File 2022-12782: The theft of mail was reported in the 1700 block of Meadowood Way, Qualicum Beach, on December 30.
15) File 2022-12796: A white 2003 Ford F350, BC plate RM0848, was reported stolen in the 100 block of Cheney Street, Parksville, on December 31.
16) File 2022-12800: A blue 2004 Ford F350, BC plate DA3151, was reported stolen in the 100 block of First Avenue West, Qualicum Beach, on December 31.
17) File 2022-12801: A residence break-and-enter was reported in the 3600 block of Horne Lake Caves Road, on December 31. Noted missing was a key fob and shed keys.
18) File 2022-12817: A business compound break-and-enter was reported in the 1200 block of Valley Road, Parksville, on December 31. Damage to gate lock and to an utility pole
If you see a crime in progress phone 9-1-1. The Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number is 250-248-6111. Oceanside RCMP is located at 421 Pym Street North, Parksville, with public business hours of 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday to Friday, except holidays.