1) February 21 at 5:00 p.m, Oceanside RCMP were called to the 200 Block of Corfield Street in Parksville. The Business owner had found 2 teens attempting to break into a storage shed on the property. The teens were chased off and fled on bicycles. After investigation it was discovered that another shed had been entered and that a number of items including a large quantity of fishing gear was missing.
2) February 22 at 6:00 a.m., a resident of the 900 Block of Fairdowne Road in Parksville was awoken to the sound of a tailgate slamming on his truck. He got up in time to see a truck speed away. After a check of his vehicle, he realized that his Generator (Crafstman model, gas powered red power generator valued at $2000) was stolen from the back of his truck.
3) February 25 The Oceanside RCMP received a report from a local resident of a scam. The complainant had received a call from a man who claimed that the complainant had won $85,000. The caller then stated he would come to her address with a cheque. The caller then started to request personal information such as where the complainant banks and how much money she has. The complainant then realized she was being targeted by a scam artist. She then hung up and called police.
4) February 26 a resident of Whiskey Creek called the police to report that while parked near the Whiskey Creek Store her vehicle was entered and there was an axe and 2 coolers stolen. The suspect apparently also tried to pry the insurance sticker off her vehicle.
5) February 28 A resident from the 1500 block of McKibbon Road in Errington reported his shed had been broken into. Various tools stolen include a Stihl MS170 chainsaw, Ryobi Jigsaw and Porter Cable Reciprocating saw.