During this time period the Oceanside RCMP received 260 complaints.
1) File 2019-1068: On February 3rd, an owner reported two unlocked vehicles had been gone through sometime today at 0030 hrs and 1000 hrs in the 700 block of Humphrey Road, Parksville. Residents are cautioned to keep their vehicles locked.
2) File 2019-1120: On February 4th an unlocked vehicle was stolen from the 1000 block of Koskimo Rd, Qualicum Beach. The vehicle was later recovered in Kelowna.
3) File 2019-1123: On February 4th it was reported that a naked male was seen running down Moss Ave towards Craig St. in Parksville. The male was located at a nearby residence and cautioned about the actions which could have lead to an arrest. Alcohol was a factor.
4) File 2019-1157: On February 5th, plain clothes officers observed a black coloured vehicle leaving a residence in the 600 block of Imperial Dr, Parksville. The driver was identified as being prohibited from driving. The vehicle was stopped and a male arrested for driving while prohibited. A substance which was believed to be a controlled substance was also seized and, pending analysis, further charges may follow. The vehicle was towed and impounded for seven days.
5) File 2019-1192: A resident reported on February 6th, in the 4500 block of Callow Rd, Bowser, that one their vehicles had the doors open and interior light on. The glove box was open and items pulled out. The other vehicle in the driveway had the stereo stolen and the ignition damaged. An axe, which was left behind, had been used to smash the front window, and the vehicle interior was covered in gas. This situation is a cause for concern as 6 doors away in middle of January a residence, trailer and vehicle were completely demolished by fire. The investigation is ongoing.
6) File 2019-1200: On February 7th, staff called to report a theft of diesel sometime overnight. The theft occurred from a large fuel tank located at the business in the 500 block of Lowrys Road, Parksville.
7) File 2019-1285: The owner of a business in the 100 block of Craig St, Parksville, reported on February 10th the store alarm had been activated. Upon arrival it was observed the front glass door had been smashed, however, nothing appeared to have been taken.
Please phone 9-1-1 If you see a crime in progress. Should you have information regarding an incident please phone the Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number at 250-248-6111 during regular office hours 8:30 AM to 4:40 PM weekdays except holidays, outside of business hours phone 250-248-6111 extension 7, or phone Crime Stoppers.