During this time period the Oceanside RCMP received 226 complaints.
1) File 2023-535: Front BC plate ST0490 was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 1000 block of Spoon Close, Qualicum Beach, on January 16.
2) File 2023-536: A white 1992 Nissan Condor, BC plate KA6279, was reported stolen in the 1600 block of Alberni Highway, Parksville, on January 16.
3) File 2023-540: A resident was reported out $5,600 as a victim of a phone scam advising her bank card had been fraudulently used and advised to buy gift cards on January 16.
4) File 2023-565: A resident was reported scammed out of $17,000 responding to a text message purportedly from a major retailer promising a 2% rebate which was followed up by a phone call from an alleged employee of a major bank which gathered all the resident’s banking info on January 17.
5) File 2023-576: A resident was reported scammed out of $30,000 in a crypto currency scheme via a phone call purportedly by a private investigator on January 17.
6) File 2023-607: A resident was reported out $240 in an online scam to purchase a product and that never arrived on February 18.
7) File 2023-608: Construction equipment was reported vandalized in the 5800 block of River road, Qualicum Beach, on January 18.
8) File 2023-610: An ornamental fence was reported damaged in the 800 block of Gaetjen Street, Parksville, on January 18.
9) File 2023-618: A resident was reported out $12,000 responding to a phone call from an alleged online retailer which led to access to the victim’s computer where a money transfer occurred to an off shore account on January 18.
10) File 2023-668: A cedar hedge was reported vandalized possibly by a vehicle in the 3100 block of Island Highway West, Qualicum Beach, on January 20.
11) File 2023-700: Fuel was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 500 block of Eaglecrest Drive, Qualicum Beach, on January 21
If you see a crime in progress phone 9-1-1. The Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number is 250-248-6111. Oceanside RCMP is located at 421 Pym Street North, Parksville, with public business hours of 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday to Friday, except holidays.