1) File 2019-228: On January 7th, a business reported a theft in the 700 block of Island Hwy E, Parksville. Two shoplifters came into the store and stole products from the shelf. One female had blond hair in her 20’s and another female had dark brown hair in her early 30s. The two were seen leaving in a Silver Dodge truck. The pair were subsequently identified, arrested and shoplifting charges recommended to Crown
2) File 2019-240: On January 8th a female entered a business in the 2100 block of Alberni Hwy, Coombs and after distracting the employee, stole a laptop computer from a shelf. As a result of great video surveillance in the business, the female was identified by police and arrested. Charges are pending.
3) File 2019-287: On January 9th, an RCMP Officer observed a female drive a vehicle into the Oceanside Detachment parking lot whom he recognized from a previous interaction as being unlicensed driver. Police impounded the vehicle.
4) File 2019-308: On January 10th, police assisted a Commercial Vehicle Safety Enforcement Officer after he had stopped a vehicle for no insurance. Police attended and learned that the driver was also prohibited from driving. The female was arrested for Driving While Prohibited and the vehicle was impounded.
5) File 2019-390: On January 12th police stopped a vehicle for speeding in the Errington area. The adult driver was charged for having cannabis in the vehicle he was operating.
Please phone 9-1-1 If you see a crime in progress. Should you have information regarding an incident please phone the Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number at 250-248-6111 during regular office hours 8:30 AM to 4:40 PM weekdays except holidays, outside of business hours phone 250-248-6111 extension 7, or phone Crime Stoppers.