During this time period the Oceanside RCMP received 281 complaints.
1) File 2022-6442: A credit/debit reader was reported stolen in a business break-and-enter in the 500 block of Lowrys Road, Parksville, on July 10.
2) File 2022-800099: A vehicle was reported vandalized in the parking lot of Horne Lake Regional Park, on July 10. Damage noted to a side mirror.
3) File 2022-6469: A vehicle was rummaged through in the 500 block of Island Highway East, Parkville, on July 11. A laptop and tools valued over $9,000 were reported missing.
4) File 2022-800100: Boat trailer BC plate WKX87X was reported stolen in the 1000 block of Price Road, Parksville, on July 11.
5) File 2022-800101: Rear BC plate PA1382 was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 800 block of Allsbrook Road, Parksville, on July 11.
6) File 2022-6503: A female prowler was reported in the 400 block of Pioneer Crescent, Parksville, on July 12.
7) File 2022-6506: Two tents in boxes, sleeping bags and other camping gear were reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 600 block of Doehle Avenue, Parksville, on July 12.
8) File 2022-6515: A grey “Eastpak” backpack and contents were found at the old train station on Alberni Highway, Parksville, on July 12. Contact Oceanside RCMP during regular business hours to claim.
9) File 2022-6516: Prowlers were reported in the 500 block of Pioneer Crescent, Parksville, on July 12.
10) File 2022-6555: Raspberry plants were reported stolen in the 800 block of Corcan Road, Qualicum Beach, on July 13.
11) File 2022-6581: A residential break-and-enter was reported in the 1400 block of Marina Way. Nanoose Bay, on July 13. Damage to a garage door lock while nothing was noted missing.
12) File 2022-6598: A tote of work items including radio, boots, hard hat and rain gear were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 300 block of Meadow View Place, Parksville, on July 14. A resident’s call resulted in the return of missing property on July 15.
13) File 2022-6604: A building was reported vandalized with graffiti at Storybook Village, Qualicum Commons, Qualicum Beach, on July 14. Damage estimated at $100.
14) File 2022-6605: A resident’s call resulted in the recovery of a stolen vehicle from Nanaimo found in the 1000 block of Allsbrook Road, Parksville, on July 14.
15) File 2022-6643: A prowler was reported in the 600 block of Island Highway East, Parksville, on July 15.
16) File 2022-6664: Car prowlers were reported in area of Hirst Avenue West and Moilliet Street South, Parksville, on July 15.
17) File 2022-6671: BC front plate JL947P was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 700 block of Shawn Road, Coombs, on July 15.
18) File 2022-6707: Stop signs were reported stolen by vandals in the area of Butler Avenue and Wildgreen Way, Parksville, on July 16.
If you see a crime in progress phone 9-1-1. Crimes of a less serious nature that are not in progress may be reported online.
The Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number is 250-248-6111. The detachment is located at 421 Pym Street North, Parksville, with public business hours of 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday to Friday, except holidays