During this time period the Oceanside RCMP received 274 complaints.
1) File 2019-8048: Two 1 metre tall light posts were reported stolen from their base in front of a business in the 100 block of Island Highway West, on or about July 28th.
2) File 2019-8056: Reported that an unlocked vehicle was rummaged through in the 500 block of Banks Avenue, Parksville, on July 28th. Nothing reported missing.
3) File 2019-8073: A specialized Stumpjumper Comp Carbon XT mountain bike was reported stolen from a property in the 1100 block of Resort Drive, Parksville, on July 28th. , The bike was size XL, serial number WSBC 604224011L and valued at $5,000,
4) File 2019-8085: An unlocked vehicle was reported rummaged through in the 100 block of Skylark Avenue, Parksville, on July 29th. There was no damage and nothing reported missing.
5) File 2019-8089: A possibly locked vehicle was reported to have been rummaged through in the 300 block of Morrison Avenue, Parksville, on July 29th. Nothing was reported missing and there was no damage to vehicle.
6) File 2019-8090: An unlocked vehicle was reported rummaged through in the 100 block of Cooper Place, Parksville, on July 29th.
7) File 2019-8136: Reported on July 30th that a Giant Palon bike, black and red in colour, with GPS and phone holder attached to handle bars and a black electric motor attached was stolen from a property in the 3100 block of Island Highway West.
8) File 2019-8139: A resident in the 1100 block of Windsor Drive, Qualicum Beach, reported theft of vegetables from their garden on July 30th.
9) File 2019-8147: A number of sprinkler heads were reported damaged in the Parksville Community Park children’s area on July 30th. The damage was valued at $300.
10) File 2019-8199: An unlocked vehicle was reported rummaged through in the 700 block of Newcastle Avenue, Parksville, on July 31st.
11) File 2019-8210: A BC plate validation decal was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 700 block of Phillips Street, Parksville, on July 31st.
12) File 2019-8224: A business was broken into in the 100 block of Veterans Way, Qualicum Beach, on August 1st. Thank s to good quality video RCMP were able to identify and arrest the thief.
13) File 2019-8235: Equipment was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 700 block of Barclay Crescent South, Parksville, on August 1st. Two Stihl chainsaws, serial numbers MS200T11293510502 and MS200T11293510500, a small hand saw, climbing spurs, climbing harness, a climbing rope and other items were reported stolen. The loss was valued at $3,000.
Please phone 9-1-1- If you see a crime in progress. Should you have information regarding an incident please phone the Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number at 250-248-6111 during regular office hours 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM weekdays except holidays, outside of business hours phone 250-248-6111 extension 7, or phone Crime Stoppers 1-800-222-8477.