During this time period the Oceanside RCMP received 300 complaints.
1) File 2019-7110: RCMP responded to a complaint on July 7th of a group of eight males pushing over street signs on Village Way near Memorial Avenue, Qualicum Beach.
2) File 2019-7133: A business in the 100 block of Island Highway East, Parksville, on July 7th, was able to identify a shoplifter and notified RCMP. The suspect was processed and referred to the Restorative Justice Program.
3) File 2019-7135: On July 7th a medium sized, grey, Rocky Mountain Fusion men’s bike with a female black seat and pink writing was stolen from a motor home in the 100 block of Island Highway East, Parksville.
4) File 2019-7155: Two unlocked vehicles were rummaged through on July 8th in the 700 block of Claymore Road West, Qualicum Beach. Reported stolen were two pairs of Maui Jim sunglasses, a garage opener and a pair of Bushnell binoculars.
5) File 2019-7168: Three unlocked vehicles in the 2200 block of Bonnington Drive, Nanoose Bay, were reported on July 8th to have been rummaged through. Building keys and sunglasses were reported missing.
6) File 2019-7191: An unknown male entered a vehicle in the 700 block of Camas Way, Parksville, on July 9th, and reported to have removed loose change and wallet.
7) File 2019-7195: A locked vehicle but with a window rolled down had a wallet containing cash and a credit card reported stolen in the 900 block of Wally’s Way, Parksville, on July 9th.
8) File 2019-7209: A vehicle in the 700 block of Kasba Crescent, Parksville, was reported to have sustained damage to a door lock on July 9th.
9) File 2019-7218: RCMP received a report that someone attempted to steal gas from a vehicle in the 200 block of Evergreen Street, Parksville on July 9th.
10) File 2019-7221: A vehicle was reported rummaged through in the 900 block of Kasba Circle, Parksville, on July 9th, nothing was missing.
11) File 2019-7245: Reported on July 10th that a red dolly, six heavy duty tie down straps and “Central Machinery” plate compactor , all valued at $1,300 was stolen the previous day from a property in the 1700 block of Ashling Road, Qualicum Beach.
12) File 2019-7246: Two cosmetics bags full of makeup and a workplace ID were reported stolen from an unsecured vehicle in the 100 block of Magnolia Drive, Parksville, on July 10th.
13) File 2019-7247: Some Avon catalogues and a pair of Ray-Ban sunglasses was reported stolen from two unlocked vehicles in the 900 block of Fern Road, Qualicum Beach, on July 10th.
14) File 2019-7249: Material reported to be valued at $1,500 which included a Makita saw, radio and two rechargeable batteries were stolen from a site in the 3700 block of Tralee Road, Qualicum Beach, on July 10th.
15) File 2019-7262: $1,000 in rolled coins was reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 500 block of Birch Avenue, Qualicum Beach, on July 10th.
16) File 2019-7268: Two dozen golf balls (valued at $30 per dozen), a Ray-Ban sunglass case, and a couple of ball caps, one signed “Deadliest Catch”, were reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 700 block of Fern Road East, Qualicum Beach.
17) File 2019-7270: On July 10th a business in the 1300 block of Alberni Highway, Parksville, reported the theft of a trailer plate, BC 36864D.
18) File 2019-7300: A resident in the 3100 block of Dolphin Drive, Nanoose Bay, reported the theft of an estimated $100 of fuel from a vehicle.
19) File 2019-7301: Three solar panels and mounting brackets were reported from a property in the 1300 block of Northwest Bay Road, Nanoose Bay, on July 11th.
20) File 2019-7338: Reported on July 12th, that a four stroke Mercury outboard motor, serial number 0H011031, was stolen from a shed in the 700 block of Sanderson Road, Parksville.
21) File 2019-7339: A hot pink windbreaker, keys, Maui Jim Sunglasses and bear spray in a pink can, were reported stolen from two unlocked vehicles in the 1500 block of Juan de Fuca Blvd, Parksville,
22) File 2019-7342: Some wood display units were reported stolen from the back of a business in the 200 block of Island Highway East, Parksville, on July 12th
23) File 2019-7345: A BC front license plate, JT 3179, was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 1009 Allsbrook Road, Parksville.
24) File 2019-7366: RCMP located a pink Puma ladies backpack on July 12th along Columbia Drive, Parksville. Owner can identify contents to claim at the Oceanside RCMP Detachment.
25) File 2019-7380: A window was broken with a black and blue Coach purse with a silver chain reported stolen from a vehicle parked on Claymore Road, Qualicum Beach, on July 12th.
26) File 2019-7389: Change and a remote garage door opener were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 500 block of Viking Way, Parksville, on July 12th. The garage door was found opened.
Please phone 9-1-1- If you see a crime in progress. Should you have information regarding an incident please phone the Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number at 250-248-6111 during regular office hours 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM weekdays except holidays, outside of business hours phone 250-248-6111 extension 7, or phone Crime Stoppers 1-800-222-8477.