During this time period the Oceanside received 254 complaints.
1) File 2019-2435: On March 18, a business in the 1000 block of Island Highway East, Parksville, reported that sometime between March 3and March 18, $2,460 worth of merchandise was stolen from the business. Police have been able to identify the suspect with charges pending.
2) File 2019-2439: On March 18 a resident in the 400 block of Stanford Avenue, Parksville, reported that someone had rummaged through their unlocked vehicle. Nothing was reportedly stolen.
3) File 2019-2447: On March 18, a business in the 500 block of Island Highway East, Parksville, received a counterfeit Canadian $100 bill. Businesses are being advised to ensure their employees are trained in identifying counterfeit currency.
4) File 2019-2448: A break and enter was reported in the 2800 block of Whistler Road, Qualicum Beach, between March 15 and March 18. Persons broke into a 40 foot container removing a Ryobi tool and also removing possessions from a fifth wheel.
5) File 2019-2462: Store alarms were triggered at a business in the 2400 block of Collins Crescent, Nanoose Bay in the early hours on March 19. Entry was gained by damaging a lock on the front doors with cigarettes appearing to be the main target. Police are continuing their investigation.
6) File 2019-2465: An employee from a business in the 1100 block of Industrial Way, Parksville, reported on March 19 that a door knob was broken off a main metal bay door. It did not appear that entry was gained by the culprit.
7) File 2019-2470: A business in the 2700 block of Alberni Highway, Coombs, reported on March 19 that two vehicles had fuel syphoned sometime overnight.
8) File 2019-2500: On March 20, A homeowner reported a theft from an unlocked vehicle in the 100 block of Maple Crescent, Parksville. No damage to vehicle but it was reported that change and hand tools were taken.
9) File 2019-2502: A resident reported theft from an unlocked motor vehicle in the 400 Aurora Street, Parksville, on March 20. Loose change and a new set of wrenches were reportedly stolen.
10) File 2019-2511: A locked vehicle had a window jimmied open overnight in the 100 block of Maple Crescent, Parksville, as reported on March 20. The vehicle was rummaged through but nothing was reportedly stolen.
11) File 2019-2512: A report on March 20 of a break and enter to storage containers on a property in the 6700 block of Island Highway, Bowser. Two containers had their locks pried off and a drum kit was reported stolen.
12) File 2019-2514: A resident on Claymore Road, Qualicum Beach, reported on March 20 that a generator chained to an RV unit was stolen.
13) File 2019-2536: It was reported on March 21 that overnight an attempt was made to steal an unlocked vehicle in the 900 block of Terrien Way, Parksville. The plastic cover on the steering column was broken off and there was damage to the ignition.
14) File 2019-2552: A resident reported on March 21, of a break and enter into a home in the 2200 block of Alcott Road, Nanoose Bay. Entry was via a side door with the safe reportedly opened and jewellery valued at $2,000 missing.
15) File 2019-2574: A resident in the 400 block of Pioneer Crescent, Parksville, on March 22, reported that a vehicle was rummaged through and a Leatherman multi-tool and a Carhart brown work jacket were stolen.
16) File 2019-2579: Three unlocked vehicles in the 300 block of Park View Avenue, Parksville, on March 22, were reported rummaged through the night before. It was reported that a vape, Beats speaker and a bank card were stolen.
17) File 2019-2583: A theft reported was on March 22 in the 100 block of Stanford Avenue East, Parksville, from an unlocked vehicle. A bank card was stolen and used fraudulently at another business that next day.
18) File 2019-2629: A motorist reported that a licence plate was removed from a vehicle in the 400 block of Day Place, Parksville, on March 23. Missing plate was a BC number “516 SPW”.
19) File 2019-2650: On march 23 a break and enter into a residence located in the 100 block of Finholm Street North, Parksville, was reported. A large amount of valuables were reportedly taken from the home.
Please phone 9-1-1 If you see a crime in progress. Should you have information regarding an incident please phone the Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number at 250-248-6111 during regular office hours 8:30 AM to 4:40 PM weekdays except holidays, outside of business hours phone 250-248-6111 extension 7, or phone Crime Stoppers.