During this time period the Oceanside received 217 complaints.
1) File 2019-2680: A resident reported on March 25th that both plates, BC license AP0 84K, was stolen from a vehicle in the 100 block of Ford Avenue, Parksville. Please call police if you spot this plate.
2) File 2019-2750: A business in the 100 block of Memorial Avenue, Parksville, reported that their security video camera had been stolen on March 26th.
3) File 2019-2751: On March 27th a business in the 300 block of Island Highway East, Parksville was entered after hours with an attempt made to steal lottery tickets and cigarettes. The investigation is on-going.
4) File 2019-2756: On March 27th a business owner in the 100 block of Craig Street, Parksville, called to report that overnight someone entered the business garbage bins making a mess and left a set of keys which were turned into the RCMP.
5) File 2019-2758: On March 27th an owner reported a theft from a rental residence in the 1500 block of Terrien Road, Nanoose Bay. Reportedly stolen were a microwave, vacuum and carpenters square.
6) File 2019-2763: On March 27th a motorist reported the loss of their validation tag from a BC license plate in Qualicum Beach. RCMP reminds motorists not to let the decals build up thus being easily removed.
7) File 2019-2778: A resident reported on March 28th that a vehicle in the 200 block of Evergreen Street, Parksville, was entered. Reported stolen was change and a bunch of CDs. Police are continuing the investigation based on evidence left at the scene.
8) File 2019-2804: A resident in the 100 block of Butler Avenue, Parksville, reported on March 28th that someone had entered and ransacked a vehicle. There was nothing reportedly stolen.
9) File 2019-2811: Neighbours in the 800 block of Sanderson Road, Parksville, reported a residence that appeared unsecured. RCMP attended and was able to make arrangements to ensure the security of the premises.
10) File 2019-2815: On March 28th a woman’s gold ring found in the female washroom at the Parksville Community Park was turned into the Oceanside RCMP. If you have lost a ring call the Oceanside RCMP at 250-248-6111.
11) File 2019-2827: The theft of a red/black Nishakee Mountain Bike was reported from a residence in the 100 block of Second Avenue, Qualicum Beach, on March 29th. The wired lock was cut and left behind.
12) File 2019-2832: An unlocked vehicle in the 200 block of Corfield Street South, Parksville, was rummaged through on March 29th. There was nothing reported stolen.
13) File 2019-2838: RCMP responded to a report of theft from an unlocked vehicle in the 200 block of Corfield Street South, Parksville, on March 29th. Reportedly stolen was a pair of prescription sunglasses, ¼” Husky ratchet set with extension arm and two sockets, as well as a camo coloured camelback hydration pack.
14) File 2019-2864: A business in the 400 block of Island Highway East, Parksville, had its front door smashed in during the early hours of March 30th. A beige coloured safe was stolen. The police investigation is on-going.
15) File 2019-2871: A business in the 1100 block of Franklins Gull Road, Parksville, had their fence breached in the morning of March 30th. Nothing has been reported stolen at this time.
16) File 2019-2877: A male was arrested in the 100 block of Island Highway East, Parksville, on March 30th for causing a public disturbance. The individual was under the influence of alcohol and drugs.
Please phone 9-1-1 If you see a crime in progress. Should you have information regarding an incident please phone the Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number at 250-248-6111 during regular office hours 8:30 AM to 4:40 PM weekdays except holidays, outside of business hours phone 250-248-6111 extension 7, or phone Crime Stoppers.