1) File 2018-13106: On November 25, an observant resident reported they located an excavator off of the Claymore Forest Service Road, Qualicum Beach. RCMP confirmed it was a stolen excavator via the VIN.
1) File 2018-12859: November 18, police received a report of mischief to vehicle after a red 2010 Ford Ranger had been damaged in the area of Memorial Avenue and Rupert Road East, Qualicum Beach. Suspect(s) drilled at 1/2" hole in the vehicle's gas tank stealing approximately 1/8 of a tank of gasoline.
The annual drinking and driving CounterAttack program starts this weekend. If you will be out and consuming alcohol or recreational drugs, please plan a safe ride home. Hosting a party? Remember that you have responsibilites for your guests when you are serving intoxicants. #KnowYourPartBC and #SafeRideHomeBC
The GoByBike Week for Fall 2018 was held between October 15 and 28. Here in the Oceanside area the co-ordinator was OCS volunteer Leo Boon. Everyone did a great job as we had the highest number of participants per capita in the province!
1) File 2018-12574: November 10th, Car keys, a compass a pen and pad were stolen from a mobility scooter 200 block of Lodgepole Dr, Parksville, while the owner was running errands.
Q: I am a resident of Errington and spend a lot of time in Parksville with vested interest in both areas. I would very much like to assist the police with their work and help deal with the crime that is so plentiful of late.
I have a couple of questions that I was hoping you may know the answer to.
One of the loneliest books in the world might just be your vehicle's owner's manual. Consigned to the glove box, many never see the light of day until they find a new home in the recycle bin. That's a shame because the manufacturer of your vehicle has put a lot of thought and important safety information on those pages.
1) File 2018-12293: November 2nd, while attending an incident an Officer observed a smashed front glass door at a business in the 100 block Hirst Ave E, Parksville.
If you are part of a group that is interested in having Dana present this to you, please contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange it.
1) File 2018-12039, 12040, 12042, 12044, 12046: October 26th, 2018, Canada Post reported mail boxes were pried open in the areas of Nile Road/Bovanis Road, Bowser, Dorman Road/Baylis Road, 200 block of Goodyear Road, 1500 block of Meadowood Way, and 100 block of Kenmuir Road, Qualicum Beach.