1) June 14, a theft was reported from a shed on Rheumer Crescent in Parksville. Once the suspect entered the shed they stole a dark blue Marin men’s mountain bike.
1) File 17-4121 May 19, theft from motor vehicles reported from Crocus Corner in the Morningstar Subdivision. The suspect was seen fleeing from the vehicle at 03:00 a.m. Nothing of significance stolen from the vehicle as it appears the suspect was spooked.
1) File 2017-3596 May 4, a resident of the 400 block of Rosewood Close in Parksville was alerted to a suspicious character rooting through his vehicle in the middle of the night. Nothing was apparently missing from the vehicle as the male (no description) was probably spooked by the complainant.
1) File 2017-3170. April 21, A Fraud complaint was received from a department store at the Wembley Centre. A woman had stolen an item from a top shelf of the store and then proceeded to return it for a gift card. After surveillance footage was reviewed, the RCMP quickly identified the female (well known to police) and made an arrest.
1) April 6, report of a stolen bike from the 1500 block of Pacific Crescent sometime over the previous evening. The bike is described as a 26” Northrock Trekking adult bike.
1) March 24, Oceanside RCMP responded to a theft of a significant amount of fuel. Sometime during the 2 days prior someone had attended Ohiat Road, Qualicum Beach and stolen 600-800 litres of diesel fuel from logging equipment. Locks were cut off 2 machines in order for the thieves to gain access to the fuel.
1) March 19, a property owner in the 1200 Block of Winchester Road, Errington called to report a Break and Enter to an outbuilding. Thieves stole a very expensive silver coloured Giant Road Bike and a Makita chop saw.
1) March 3, a report of a theft from a shed in the 200 block of Shelly Road, Parksville was received. The property owner stated that over the past couple of weeks, several items have gone missing from his shed. These items included tools, wiring, welding supplies and copper piping.
1) February 21 at 5:00 p.m, Oceanside RCMP were called to the 200 Block of Corfield Street in Parksville. The Business owner had found 2 teens attempting to break into a storage shed on the property. The teens were chased off and fled on bicycles. After investigation it was discovered that another shed had been entered and that a number of items including a large quantity of fishing gear was missing.
1) 2017-919 On February 1st, a theft from vehicle was reported to have occurred in the 100 block of Maple Crescent in Parksville. The complainant advised that during the early hours of January 31st culprits entered her unlocked vehicle and stole a blue Apple Ipod Nano touch screen in a black rubber case and a small quantity of change from the centre console.