1) File 17-10140 November 4, Registered Owner reported a theft from his vehicle parked at his home at 200 block Parklink Place, Parksville. The owner of vehicle forgot to lock his vehicle doors. Stolen from the vehicle was a cheap pair of sunglasses and approximately $25 in change. The incident occurred between 3 and 7 am.
1) File 2017-9811 On October 10, Oceanside RCMP received a complaint from a homeowner who stated, on October 22nd, 2017, he heard some banging on his property. He investigated and found a man in a grey Ford Ranger, Alberta plate BPG-9850, loading scrap lumber into the box. The male had climbed a fence and was tossing the wood into his truck.
1) File 17-8731 September 23. A few vehicles that had been left open overnight were entered on Morison Avenue in Parksville. Loose change, binoculars and other items left in plain view were stolen.
1) File 17-8464 September 15. A resident of Village Way in Qualicum Beach awoke to find his motorcycle had been stolen sometime overnight from his carport. Nanaimo RCMP later found the motorcycle in their jurisdiction and arrangements were made to return it to the owner.
1) File 17-8229 September 8, the Oceanside RCMP received a report from the Salvation Army in Parksville. During the previous evening suspects had loaded their truck docking bay with garbage. 2 suspects in a dark burgundy Dodge Durango truck attended the bay and 2 males wearing their hoodies drove up and emptied a large trailer load of garbage.
1) File 17-7404 August 17. 13 bundles of cedar shakes were reported stolen from the 1200 block of Pintail Drive, in Eaglecrest, Qualicum Beach. Fresh shoe prints could be seen in the construction sand around the residence.
1) File 17-6913 August 4 at 2:31 a.m., the RCMP responded to an alarm call at the Pine Tree Centre on Alberni Highway. A lone male suspect tried all the doors to businesses and eventually found a door that had been left unlocked. Once inside the business, the suspect, startled by the alarm grabbed a few small items and fled the area.
1) File 17-6367 On July 21 a resident of Butterball Drive in Qualicum Beach called to report that someone had stolen the bbq right off their porch. Oceanside RCMP believe the suspect approached the patio from the beach.
1) June 14, a theft was reported from a shed on Rheumer Crescent in Parksville. Once the suspect entered the shed they stole a dark blue Marin men’s mountain bike.
1) File 17-4121 May 19, theft from motor vehicles reported from Crocus Corner in the Morningstar Subdivision. The suspect was seen fleeing from the vehicle at 03:00 a.m. Nothing of significance stolen from the vehicle as it appears the suspect was spooked.