1) File 2019-228: On January 7th, a business reported a theft in the 700 block of Island Hwy E, Parksville. Two shoplifters came into the store and stole products from the shelf. One female had blond hair in her 20’s and another female had dark brown hair in her early 30s. The two were seen leaving in a Silver Dodge truck.
1) File 2018-13976: On December 19th an RCMP Officer on patrol observed a vehicle with no head lights on, near the 500 block of Island Hwy 19A, Parksville. The Officer conducted a traffic stop with the vehicle. As the driver was unlicensed, they were served a Prohibition Notice, Vehicle Impoundment and a Violation ticket for not having a valid Driver’s License.
1) File 2018-133615: On December 10th, two culprits parked their vehicle at the end of Coombs Rd in Coombs BC and removed tree boughs from the trees on Island Timberlands (IT) property after accessing the property with an ATV. The removal of the branches costs IT thousands of dollars a year as it strips the tree and the tree will have a hard time growing.
1) File 2018-13343: A reported break and enter to a business located at 1300 block Island Hwy West, Parksville, on December 2. A business cube van was stolen. There were 8 machetes, 7 BBQ's and 1 fire pit stolen from various buildings along with the delivery truck and two 20 lb propane bottles. The vehicle has been recovered and forensic evidence is being processed.
1) File 2018-13106: On November 25, an observant resident reported they located an excavator off of the Claymore Forest Service Road, Qualicum Beach. RCMP confirmed it was a stolen excavator via the VIN.
1) File 2018-12859: November 18, police received a report of mischief to vehicle after a red 2010 Ford Ranger had been damaged in the area of Memorial Avenue and Rupert Road East, Qualicum Beach. Suspect(s) drilled at 1/2" hole in the vehicle's gas tank stealing approximately 1/8 of a tank of gasoline.
1) File 2018-12574: November 10th, Car keys, a compass a pen and pad were stolen from a mobility scooter 200 block of Lodgepole Dr, Parksville, while the owner was running errands.
1) File 2018-12293: November 2nd, while attending an incident an Officer observed a smashed front glass door at a business in the 100 block Hirst Ave E, Parksville.
1) File 2018-12039, 12040, 12042, 12044, 12046: October 26th, 2018, Canada Post reported mail boxes were pried open in the areas of Nile Road/Bovanis Road, Bowser, Dorman Road/Baylis Road, 200 block of Goodyear Road, 1500 block of Meadowood Way, and 100 block of Kenmuir Road, Qualicum Beach.
1) File 2018-11755: October 18th: A resident of the 100 block Finholm St N, Parksville reported vehicles at their residence had been rummaged through. Several thefts from vehicles in this area have already been reported.